Kodály clearly articulated that quality music education requires quality teachers. KMEIA has demonstrated a longstanding commitment to supporting teachers by providing quality professional learning experiences, resources and support opportunities. This support is most needed by pre-service and early career teachers, and KMEIA is committed to developing our future music educators.
KMEIA is pleased to announce that the National Council has approved a 2-year trial of FREE student 12-month KMEIA membership. The details are outlined below:
● 2-year trial from 1 October 2018 to 30 September 2020.
● Free 12-month membership to pre-service education students at Australian universities, either undergraduate, postgraduate, part-time or full-time. Students do not need to be music education majors.
● Costs of other KMEIA services and products are at the discretion of National Council and individual Branches and may vary.
● Evidence of student enrolment is required before the application for membership can be processed.
● Student members are Associate Members and do not have voting rights or able to hold a formal position on a committee. They can choose to pay Full Membership to have these rights.
It is hoped this initiative will make information about KMEIA services and products more accessible to pre-service teachers and is an investment in the future of Australian music education.
Please assist us in the promotion of this exciting initiative.
I am excited to announce beginning today The Kodály Music Education Institute of Australia Incorporated (KMEIA Inc.) will also be known as Kodály Australia. Over the coming months, you will see the gradual rebranding of our communications and documentation, including …
I am pleased to inform you of the Kodály Music Education Institute of Australia’s Strategic Plan 2018-2022. You may remember in March 2017 we invited members and the broader community to participate in our Future Directions Survey. This feedback along …
This year has been filled with opportunities all around the country to share, learn and be inspired. There is much to be celebrated as KMEIA Branches and Chapters continued to provide high quality support, professional learning and resources for music …
KMEIA is proud to congratulate member Dr Judy Fromyhr who recently completed Doctor of Philosophy studies at the School of Education, University of Queensland. Dr Fromyhr’s thesis, Lighting the fire, stories that musicians tell, investigates the ways positive early musical …
The International Katalin Forrai Award is presented biennially by the International Kodály Society (IKS) to someone who has demonstrated excellence in Early Childhood Music Education. Gail Godfrey is richly deserving of the 2019 award. She has not only contributed so …