Events by Category
- ACT Events
- AKC Courses
- Endorsed Events
- International Events
- National Events
- NSW Events
- QLD Events
- SA Events
- VIC Events
- WA Events
Composition Workshop for Highschool Students (Years 9-12)
July 10 @ 8:30 am - July 13 @ 2:30 pm$300
Aspiring composers in Years 9 – 12 are invited to participate in a composition workshop with Dr David Banney. This is an opportunity for Senior students to develop their HSC/IB compositions. Younger students with an interest in developing their compositional skills are also encouraged to apply. Places are limited to maximise individual tuition.
Each day will begin with a 2-hour Musicianship Class to develop your aural perception and harmony skills. This will be followed by 3 hours of composition classes and workshops where you will have opportunity to learn more about composition and work on your individual compositions with Dr Banney.
Dr David Banney is a composer, conductor and viola player, whose works include instrumental, choral and chamber music. His music has been performed by orchestras including the Queensland and Adelaide Symphony Orchestras, and recordings of his works have been broadcast on ABC Classic FM and Sydney’s 2MBS Fine Music.
When: Tuesday 10 – Friday 13 July 2018 (8.30 – 2.30 each day)
Where: Barker College (91 Pacific Highway, HORNSBY)
How to apply:
- Fill out the registration form at https://tinyurl.com/july-2018-comp-mship
- Submit a short sample composition to email@example.com (Returning participants do not need to submit a sample composition)
- Compositions must be notated on the staff and submitted as a pdf.
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance into the course within 1 week of receipt of the composition sample.
- Registrations and submitted compositions should be received no later than 3 July 2018.
Download flyer here: KMEIA NSW Composition Workshop Flyer July 2018